Website Almadina Language Charter Academy
K-9 Public Charter School
Almadina School Society, doing business as Almadina Language Charter Academy – a public charter school, seeks a part-time (minimum 0.6 FTE) Secretary Treasurer for our school authority for a 1 year contract with a 3 month probationary period. The schools deliver the Alberta Program of Studies with a focus on English language acquisition to over 1,000 students in grades 1 to 9 and 44 children in full day ECS. Teachers in our system have Alberta certification and are associate members of the Alberta Teachers’ Association. The Secretary Treasurer serves as a key member of the administrative team, is responsible for fiscal management and reports directly to the Superintendent of Schools.
The role of the successful candidate will be to:
- administer policies and provide leadership in financial practice and strategic planning;
- provide day to day financial oversight with hands-on posting and reconciliation;
- be responsible for all financial and statutory reporting, act as liaison with banks and auditors;
- ensure that comprehensive internal controls are operating and regularly assessed;
The candidate must:
- have Canadian professional certification (CPA, CMA, CGA, CA);
- have at least 4 years of progressively more responsible financial administration preferably in a school board setting;
- have good experience with hands-on accounting and Canadian payroll requirements;
- possess excellent interpersonal and administrative skills; and
- be a team player who ensures accountability in their area of responsibility.
Additional assets :
- familiarity with the annual reporting cycle for Alberta Education;
- experience reporting for and to boards of non-profit Canadian charities;
- demonstrated leadership and change agent performance; and/or
- familiarity with the Alberta public charter school movement.
Applications and Other Documents:
Please submit your electronic application including a cover letter, a copy of your Canadian professional designation, resume, and three recent professional references (names, positions and telephone contact information) to the attention of: Pamula Sando, Executive Secretary @ firstname.lastname@example.org
A clear, current Police Information and Vulnerable Sector Search Check is a condition of employment and must be received prior to employment. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
For more information on Almadina, please visit: www.esl-almadina.com
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com