Website New Humble Community School
kindergarten to grade 6
NEW HUMBLE COMMUNITY SCHOOL
Leduc County, Alberta
New Humble Community School (NHCS) is a K-6 public charter school operating in its second year under the direction of the New
Humble Community School Association (NHCSA).
We are searching for a uniquely qualified individual for the part-time position of Superintendent
NHCS offers a unique learning experience using agriculture, environment & stewardship as instruments for experiential hands-on
learning. Fostering the growth of each individual student through innovative academics, stewardship and agriculture literacy. NHCS
consists of 125 students. NHCS is located at 48469 Alberta-795 (8 minutes south of Calmar on highway 795).
The Superintendent functions as Chief Executive Officer of the New Humble Community School Association providing strategic advice
and assistance to the Board of Directors and as Chief Educational Officer to the school providing leadership to the management
team. Given the significance of this position to the ongoing success of the organization, the following Superintendent practices are
Required Superintendent Practices:
Charter School Goals
● Will need to be completely conversant and supportive of the Charter mandates that were accepted by Alberta
Education with a willingness and keen interest in pioneering educational innovation, research and program
development relevant to the Associations Charter.
● Will be expected to oversee the successful implementation of all Charter goals within the school’s instructional
● The ability to clearly articulate the Charter benefits, principles and supporting research to stakeholders.
Community and School Presence
● Will represent and promote the NHCSA Charter goals at most provincial, community and school events associated with
NHCS and/or The Association of Alberta Public Charter Schools.
● A high regard for collaboration as a means of maintaining a climate of innovation and creative problem solving which
serves as a foundation of the school community. This requires a genuine willingness to adopt a culture which values its
shared sense of community, including the Board of Directors, administration, staff, parents, students and community
citizens and associate not-for-profit groups.
Charter School Expansion
● Will support the Board’s and community’s aspirations of eventually expanding the grade structures in NHCS to include
secondary education within the NHCSA that will include grades 7-12.
School Authority Operations and Resources
● A diligent and meticulous commitment to fulfil the requirements of Alberta Education and the Minister in a timely
● A history of effective communication, interpersonal, analytical, organizational and leadership skills as well as sound and
strategic skills of financial management, as an educational leader.
NHCSA offers a competitive compensation package within the limits set by the Superintendent of Schools Regulation.
Candidates who have their Alberta Superintendent certification, or who can qualify for permanent certification within a 3-year
period, and who either have an agricultural background, or interest in agriculture, are invited to apply.
Interested applicants should submit electronic letter of intent and current resume, with names of at least three professional
references to the Board Vice Chair, Megan Olynyk at: email@example.com
Preference given to applicants received by noon, November 21, 2022. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is
found. For more information on NHCS please visit our website: https://www.newhumbleschool.ca/
Candidates wishing to have more information can contact Megan at (780) 985-3211.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org