New Humble Community School has an excellent opportunity as Corporate Treasurer of the Board. New Humble Community School is a new public charter school located in rural Leduc County. New Humble Community School has a focus on experiential learning, agriculture literacy, environment and stewardship. This opportunity is a part-time .2 position and has time off during the summer but is busier throughout the curriculum calendar year. This position reports directly to the Superintendent and or the Board as the Board may direct from time to time.
Reporting to the Superintendent the Treasurer is responsible for planning and controlling all financial activities including budgeting, accounting, reporting, payroll, employee benefits program and purchasing. The Treasurer is responsible for all functions as stipulated in the Education Act, NHCSA By-laws, policies and administrative procedures.
The Treasurer administers New Humble Community School’s financial affairs in a way as to provide the best possible educational services with the financial resources available. Responsibilities and duties include but not limited to;
- Works collaboratively as a member of the Administrative Services team.
- Provides direct support to the Board through the Superintendent/CEO.
- With the approval of the Superintendent/CEO, prepares and submits to the Board recommendations concerning matters requiring board action.
- Attends all regular and special meetings of the Board and, if applicable, committee meetings.
- Develops and manages computerized financial and business systems necessary for the effective administration of the financial resources of the charter school.
- Provides leadership and direction in the preparation of the annual budget for adoption by the Board, and along with the Superintendent/CEO, assumes the primary responsibility for the administration of the budget as adopted by the Board.
- Manages the accounting and purchasing activities of the Charter school, including reconciliation of monthly bank statements, analysis of general ledger accounts and enforcing the overall operation of purchasing policies and procedures.
- Directs all payroll and payments to full-time, part-time and casual employees in accordance with the employment contracts, Provincial legislation, and administration of benefit plans.
- Administers the insurance program to ensure that adequate coverage is maintained on the assets and property of the Charter School.
- Liaises with Alberta Education regarding debentures, grants, budgets and other related financial and legal matters.
- Communicates with the auditors retained by the Charter School.
Condition of Employment
Applicants must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed. Job Type: Part-Time
Education & Experience:
- A recognized accounting degree and/or designation or related business training and work experience.
- Several years experience in accounting, financial management including budget preparation and control.
- Well-developed information technology skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- Proficient in Sage Program (Formerly Simply Accounting)
- Strong sense of personal and business integrity and commitment to ethical business behavior.
- High level of integrity with respect to confidentiality.
Salary: Market rate
Schedule and salary are negotiable depending on successful candidate qualifications. Submit resumés to:
To apply for this job email your details to Nhcs.email@example.com